Date: 2021-10-01 02:48:45
THE Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for the ACT for damaging winds and large hailstones over the next several hours.
These thunderstorms are moving southeast and are forecast to impact northern parts of ACT.
The ACT State Emergency Service advises to:
- Move cars under cover or away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
- Keep at least eight metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
For assistance in a storm or flood call the ACTSES on 132 500, in a life-threatening emergency call triple zero (000).
Who can be trusted?
In a world of spin and confusion, there’s never been a more important time to support independent journalism in Canberra.
If you trust our work online and want to enforce the power of independent voices, I invite you to make a small contribution.
Every dollar of support is invested back into our journalism to help keep citynews.com.au strong and free.
Ian Meikle, editor