Date: 2021-12-19 01:06:40
MODERATE FLOODING OCCURRING AT GOANGRA AND BUGILBONE
Moderate flooding is occurring along the Namoi River at Bugilbone, where river levels are likely to peak during Sunday.
Minor flooding is occurring at Goangra where river levels are currently falling. The flood peak currently passing through Bugilbone will cause further rises at Goangra from mid-week.
What we are expecting:
Based on the prediction provided by the Bureau of Meteorology:
• The Namoi River at Bugilbone is likely to peak near 5.70 metres during Sunday, with moderate flooding.
• The Namoi River at Bugilbone is likely to remain around its peak of 5.70 metres during Sunday into Monday with moderate flooding.
• Moderate flooding is occurring at Goangra
• The Namoi River at Goangra is currently at 6.69 metres and falling, with minor flooding.
• Goangra Road will be impacted by floodwater at Goangra Bridge.
• Come By Chance Road may be impacted by floodwater near the 13-mile.
What you need to do:
• STAY INFORMED – Be prepared to act if your situation changes.
• Stay up to date with information. Listen to flood warnings and follow advice on how to protect yourself, family, and property.
• People working or camping along the Namoi River should monitor river heights and be prepared to relocate to higher ground.
• Farmers and landholders are advised to relocate livestock, pumps, chemicals and equipment to higher ground.
• Never drive, walk or play in floodwaters. Floodwater may be deep, fast flowing and may contain hidden snags and debris.
For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW State Emergency Service on 132 500.
In life threatening situations call triple zero (000) immediately.
Latest River Heights for the Namoi River:
For more information:
• Visit www.ses.nsw.gov.au or follow us on Facebook
• Tune in to your local ABC Radio station
• For the latest Weather, Warnings, Rainfall and River heights visit www.bom.gov.au or phone 1300 945 108
• For rural animal and livestock assistance, contact your Local Land Services Office www.lls.nsw.gov.au
• For road closure information visit: www.livetraffic.com.au, call 131 701 or contact your Local Council.
The next flood bulletin will be issued by 10.30am on Monday 20 December 2021