Date: 2021-09-28 05:49:01
September 24, 2021 – 12:49 pm
Nationwide Temperature Expert services claims some slight flooding is happening.
…The Flood Warning carries on for the adhering to rivers in
Monocacy River in the vicinity of Frederick affecting Frederick County.
For the Monocacy River…which includes Frederick…Minimal flooding is
Motorists need to not endeavor to travel close to barricades or push
autos by way of flooded places.
Stay tuned to more developments by listening to your neighborhood radio,
tv, or NOAA Climate Radio for more data.
Extra details is out there at www.temperature.gov/washington or
The next statement will be issued this night at 900 PM EDT.
1211 PM EDT Fri Sep 24 2021
…The Flood Warning stays in influence…
The Flood Warning carries on for
the Monocacy River near Frederick.
* Right up until late this evening.
* At 12:00 PM EDT Friday the phase was 16.9 feet, or 1.9 toes higher than
flood stage, and slipping.
* Flood stage is 15. feet.
* Minimal flooding is taking place.
* The latest Exercise…The greatest river phase in the 24 hrs ending
at 12:00 PM EDT Friday was 19. feet.
* Forecast…The river is envisioned to drop down below flood stage late
this afternoon and continue falling to 5. ft Monday early morning.
* Affect…At 17. ft, Major lowland flooding is happening
along the river, with backwater flooding also occurring. Various
roadways are closed. Water is approaching the parking ton at Gambrill
Mill on the Monocacy Countrywide Battlefield. Backwater flooding from
Carroll Creek is probable approaching the underside of the bridge
leading to the Frederick metropolis wastewater procedure plant.
* Flood History…This crest compares to a prior crest of 16.9
toes on 03/11/2011.
By The Nationwide Temperature Support, Sterling, Va.