Date: 2021-11-23 14:38:26
11/23/2021 9:08:00 AM until 11/24/2021 11:15:00 AM EXPIRED
The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
St Johns River Near Astor affecting Volusia and Lake Counties.
.Onshore winds combined with high tides have caused
river levels near Astor to climb to Minor Flood Stage. The river
near Astor is forecast to remain right around or slightly above
Minor Flood Stage through Thursday with the continuation of
northerly winds and a slow decline in levels toward late week.
For the St. Johns River…including Astor…Minor flooding is
Additional information is available at www.weather.gov.
…FLOOD WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM THIS MORNING UNTIL FURTHER
* WHAT…Minor flooding is forecast.
* WHERE…St Johns River Near Astor.
* WHEN…Until further notice.
* IMPACTS…At 2.3 feet, Minor flooding of low lying streets and
yards north of Fox Road on Lake County side of Astor, and from
River Road northward on Volusia side of river. Water begins to
cover docks at South Moon Fish Camp.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– At 8:30 AM EST Tuesday the stage was 2.3 feet.
– Forecast…The river is expected to rise above flood stage
this afternoon to a crest of 2.3 feet this afternoon. It will
then fall below flood stage early Thursday morning.
– Flood stage is 2.3 feet.
– Flood History…This crest compares to a previous crest of
2.6 feet on 10/14/1996.
Fld Observed Forecasts (7 am)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
St Johns River
Astor 2.3 2.3 Tue 8 am 2.3 2.2 2.1 2.0 2.0