Date: 2021-09-28 11:25:49
Lui Zacher /
Ahead of a low pressure system and associated trough, an advice message for riverine flooding has been issued for the Barwon River, as well as its tributaries the Leigh and Moorabool rivers.
The Vic Emergency website has the advice message in place as widespread falls of 20 to 30mm of rain is expected to lash the state Wednesday with isolated areas being doused with up to 60mm
A further 20-40mm are forecast for Thursday and Friday with isolated areas potentially copping another 60mm.
River rises are expected from Wednesday afternoon, with flooding possible from late Wednesday at some locations.
- Go towww.emergency.vic.gov.au.
- Tune into our radio station, and keep up to date by visiting this website for the latest news.
- Phone theVicEmergency Hotlineto talk to someone about preparedness on 1800 226 226 (freecall).
- People who are deaf, hard of hearing, or who have a speech/communication impairment can contact VicEmergency Hotline via theNational Relay Serviceon 1800 555 677.
- For help with English, phone theTranslating and Interpreting Serviceon131 450(freecall) and ask them to telephone VicEmergency Hotline. If you know someone who cannot speak English, provide them with this number.
- Download theVicEmergency appor follow VicEmergency onTwitter(#vicfloods) orFacebook.
Image: VicEmergency website warning on Tuesday afternoon