Date: 2022-01-12 08:46:01
There is a severe thunderstorm warning for the Murraylands area as storms develop over the state on Wednesday, January 12, 2022.
The SA Country Fire Service have advised that storms could include damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall.
These potential storms could affect people in the Murraylands, Riverland parts of Mount Lofty Ranges, Flinders, Mid North and North East Pastoral districts.
Severe thunderstorms are developing across the east of the state with a low pressure system in the Great Australian Bight.
It extends through a trough across the Fleurieu Peninsula and into the northeast of the state.
A humid northeasterly flow feeding into the trough from the east is leading to a risk of severe thunderstorms this afternoon.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include:
- Murray Bridge
- Tailem Bend
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Secure or put away loose items around your property.
- Move cars under cover or away from trees.
- Keep clear of fallen power lines.
- Don’t drive, ride or walk through flood water.
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
- Stay indoors, away from windows, while storms are nearby.